Today is your graduation day, Class of 2013! Congratulations on this momentous achievement! So now what? Some of you may already be putting your degree to work in your current career or a new job for which you are recently qualified. Some of you may be wondering what to do moving forward. Here are a few ideas for what to do post JIU.
- RELAX! Celebrate. Enjoy. You’ve done it, now it is time to enjoy your free time. Revel in your achievement. Show off your degree to friends. Sleep in. Read a book for fun.
- If you want to start a new career post-graduation, do your research. Try internships. Request informational interviews from other folks in the field. Review credentials from all the companies in the related field. Take your time to find the job and company that will be the best fit for you.
- Remember to use JIU as a resource. With our Total Professional Advantage program and Career Services department, we are here to support you as you make that “next step.”
- Keep up the good work, keep up the hard work. You’ll no longer be graded on your performance with A’s, B’s and C’s, but your future and current employers will appreciate and reward your continued A+ efforts!
- Go for it! Follow your dreams whatever they may be! You have to skills, tools and knowledge to do anything you put your mind to!
Good luck Graduates and congratulations once again on your degree!