The month of May is a very special time at JIU as it marks the nationwide annual celebration of Military Appreciation Month. JIU’s founder, Glenn Jones, served in the navy as an officer in the Pacific Amphibious Assault Unit and as an Explosive Ordinance Disposal (EOD) Officer and the University is proud to continue to support our nation’s military through several special programs.
JIU offers scholarships and assistance for active duty, reserves, guard, veterans, retired, spouses and dependents including:
- Reduced undergraduate tuition—$250 per credit hour or $750 per 3 credit hour course
- No application fees
- No technology fees
- Cost of undergraduate books covered by the Military Book Program
- 20% discount for graduate degree programs
For more info, click here!
During the month of May, JIU urges all students, faculty and staff to show their support to the brave men and women serving our country in the US Military. Here are a dozen ways to show your support!
A DOZEN WAYS TO SUPPORT OUR MILITARY & VETERANS!
- Submit a NMAM 2012 Proclamation to your state government representative via mail or email.
- FLY THE FLAG ON YOUR HOUSE, CAR, or BUSINESS DURING MAY
- SEND A CARE PACKAGE TO A SOLDIER THROUGH USOCARES
- ORGANIZE AN EVENT IN YOUR OWN COMMUNITY, AND AT YOUR WORKPLACE
- ASK YOUR ELECTED OFFICIALS AT ALL LEVELS TO RECOGNIZE OUR MILITARY
- SEND AN EMAIL OR LETTER OF THANKS THROUGH A Million Thanks
- ADOPT A HERO AT SOLDIERS' ANGELS!
- ASK LIBRARIES, SCHOOLS, ORGANIZATIONS TO PARTICIPATE IN RECOGNIZING OUR ARMED FORCES
- ASK LOCAL MEDIA (TV, RADIO, NEWSPAPER) TO FEATURE
- WHEN YOU SEE A PERSON IN A MILITARY UNIFORM, SHAKE THEIR HAND AND SAY, "THANK YOU FOR SERVING OUR COUNTRY"
- INVITE A VETERAN TO YOUR MEMORIAL DAY BBQ
- HIRE A VETERAN - VISIT HIRE A VET FIRST FOR MORE INFORMATION
Visit the National Military Appreciation Month site for more info!
To all the men and women in the US Military, we thank you for your service!