The Office of Student Affairs has been very busy resurrecting student groups and starting some new opportunities for JIU students and alumni to engage with JIU and each other. Below we outline several student and alumni organizations. Read on to find out more about leadership and membership opportunities.
- National Society of Collegiate Scholars (NSCS) – This organization is looking for student leaders to join and guide the JIU chapter of NSCS to platinum status. Reach out to the current executive board to find out more about joining and participating: http://www.nscs.org/chapters/jones-international-university
- American Association of University Women (AAUW) – This group has a strong history of empowering women in their educational and professional pursuits. Through a variety of options for participation and opportunity, students can connect with their colleagues nationally. https://svc.aauw.org/RECore/wMembership/join_esaf_member.asp
- Alpha Sigma Lambda (ASL) – JIU just set up the JIU Delta Epsilon Alpha chapter of this honor society for ‘non-traditional’ students. The founding members of this group will receive an invitation shortly. To learn more about this chapter, please visit: http://www.alphasigmalambda.org/
- MIL100: Command Post – This new communication headquarters is for JIU students who are active service members or veterans. Accessed through JESS just like a class, this forum is for sharing information and support between JIU students who are in/or were in the military. We are very excited about this new option for students to connect to each other and hope to see other student groups open soon along with a JIU Student Center.
- JIU Current Student and Alumni group – LinkedIN – If you haven’t joined this active and supportive group, you should! Everyone knows LinkedIN is THE social site for developing and maintaining your professional network. This vibrant community is designed to provide resources to current and former JIU students. Join today! http://www.linkedin.com/groups?home=&gid=123403&trk=anet_ug_hm
The Office of Student Affairs is working hard to create opportunities for student leadership, connection, and engagement with JIU. If you have an idea for a student group, questions about policies and procedures, or other ways JIU can help you – please don’t hesitate to contact your SSA, or the Office of Student Affairs.