This is the final course before candidates begin to collect data and conduct their project or project research. During the course candidates will demonstrate that their project or project proposal meets all requirements to gain final mentor and committee approval.
The course project, Project Proposal: Defense and Approval, is a program requirement. In order to pass this course, each candidate must have a fully approved project proposal that includes:
- IRB approval.
- Chapters 1, 2, and 3 of the proposal finalized.
- Oral presentation of formal project proposal.
- Proposal approved by full committee.
- Data collection procedures finalized and approved.
Course Learning Objectives
- Explain their plan for data collection.
- Obtain approval of their project proposal by their committee.
- Present a full project proposal to their committee for final approval.
- Obtain full IRB approval for conducting their research.
- Gain approval for planned data collection procedures.