In this course, students explore a broad range of communication technologies and the ability of organizations to significantly improve how individuals, groups and companies interact and perform using these. The course focuses on the question: how can and should organizations improve their communication technologies to compete in today's global marketplace? Students will examine key topics such as:
- The role of communication technologies in an organization
- Voice and telephony solutions
- Conferencing technologies
- Messaging concepts
- Presence and instant messaging
- Social networking
In the course project, Communication Technologies Report: Analysis of Viable Communication Technology Solutions, students will conduct research on the history and current trends of various communication technologies. They will also explore commercial providers of communication technologies, determine the potential business value these products and/or solutions might offer to an organization, and determine the feasibility of implementing the technology solution in the selected organization.
Course Learning Objectives
- Describe significant trends in communication technologies.
- Identify business communication technologies solutions for a given organization, and evaluate the value they offer and the feasibility of implementation.
- Conduct an analysis of communication technologies to determine their business value for a given organization.
- Investigate the feasibility of implementing various communication technologies in a given organization.
- Make recommendations on viable communication technology solutions for a given organization.
Students will need Microsoft PowerPoint for creating the final course presentation. Additionally, students will need a webcam and microphone for recording a video.