This course exposes students to core sales principles so as to gain an understanding of managerial roles, duties, and tasks. Specifically, topics include finding and keeping top talent, organizational analysis, leadership challenges, sales planning, and performance evaluation.
The final project, Performance Report: Evaluation and Recommendations, is a study and analysis of a sales organization. Compiled throughout the course, the report includes a description of the current situation, potential areas of concern, and recommendations on how to improve the performance of the chosen client organization.
Course Learning Objectives
- Explain the role of sales in an organization.
- Describe the sales process.
- Perform basic managerial duties of a sales organization including hiring, training, territory design/management, performance evaluations, and motivation.
- Establish ethical sales and service guidelines and policies.
- Explain the connection between sales, marketing, customer service and operations.
- Describe the various roles in a sales organization, their relevance and importance.
- Demonstrate an understanding of financial competency and awareness through forecasting, budgeting, volume, and profitability.
Students will need Microsoft PowerPoint, a web cam, and microphone for the final course project.