This course focuses on collaborative technology systems’ influence on the content, context, and processes of professionals and organizations. Current developments in collaborative technologies and research about applying them to create measurable value and affect society at large are highlighted.
The course project, Collaborative Technology Analysis: Evaluating Key Factors Contributing to Collaboration in Organizations, is a report of benchmarked assessments of collaboration in an organization. Students evaluate the factors of technology, culture, economics, and politics to obtain scores reflecting the perceived level of collaboration. The final report includes the results of these assessments along with a project for improving the collaboration capability of an organization.
Course Learning Objectives
- Explain the role of collaboration in today´s organizations, and how this is enabled and supported by collaboration technology.
- Identify scenarios in organizations where collaboration technologies can provide a benefit.
- Assess the suitability of collaboration technologies for improving organizational performance.
- Describe potential future developments of collaboration technologies.
- Recommend next steps for an organization to improve its collaborative technologies.