This course focuses on students providing a demonstration of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for graduation from the Jones International University BABC program. Students will gain experience in designing a career goal statement, developing a professional development plan, and building a résumé.
The course project is a Professional Job Application and Portfolio: Demonstrating Achievement of Program Outcomes. Students will prepare a cover letter, résumé, and portfolio of accomplishments for professional submission based on a real job description of interest.
Course Learning Objectives
- Identify successfully completed key assignments that best prove your newly acquired competencies, including knowledge, skills, and abilities as proof of program and institutional learning objectives.
- Reflect upon your accomplishments and their impact upon your future within the format of a cover letter and simulated job application.
- Prepare documents to apply for a simulated position, thereby creating a general resource for your professional success.
- Design a professional goal statement that guides your future career choices.
- Design a professional development plan as an action plan for your professional goal statement.
- Compose effective general and specific résumés that are useful for job applications that align with your professional development plan.
- Select best examples from your academic portfolio to demonstrate your competencies to your employer.
- Apply for a real-world job by formulating a professional application packet, conducting research about the organization, and developing an interview strategy.
Student Solutions Advisor permission required for registration.