This course focuses on using telecommunications technology in an innovative manner to improve communications competence in all types of formal and informal organizations. The concept of open innovation is used as the basis for developing pragmatic and viable innovation strategies. Students will investigate a wide range of topics including:
- Innovation strategies
- Open innovation and networks
- Forecasting and the diffusion of innovations
- Entrepreneurship and new ventures
The course project is a Communications Innovation Proposal: Convincing Stakeholders to Support an Innovative Communications Solution. Students will develop a presentation and a portfolio of supporting documents designed to “sell” an idea to decision makers in an organization.
Course Learning Objectives
- Identify innovative telecommunications solutions suitable for use in a specific organization.
- Develop an implementation plan to introduce new telecommunications solutions successfully in a specific organization.
- Present innovative communication service technologies to stakeholders in a convincing manner.