This course helps develop the skills needed to plan for and manage customer support agents who serve as the “voice” of the company. The development and management of these vital human resources is explored through topics on:
- Understanding the manager’s role in a help center
- Developing agents and planning for improvements
- Using metrics to help manage day-to-day operations
- Expanding customer support methods and information sharing
The course project, Help Desk Analysis: Managing Daily Operations for Improved Customer Service, is an in-depth assessment of an actual help desk. Students complete a report that includes recommendations on how the selected help desk can improve its day-to-day operations, as well as implement strategies to ensure long-term success.
Course Learning Objectives
- Appraise employee retention rates.
- Determine proper hiring and retention processes.
- Conduct a SWOT Analysis to properly evaluate an actual help desk.
- Create a service level agreement.
- Collect and analyze data (metrics) so that help desk performance reports can be properly generated.
- Assess and evaluate customer support handling methods.
- Integrate knowledge bases so information is readily available.
- Communicate effectively with customers, management, and employees in the support center.