This course focuses on one of the most overlooked and underserved aspects of securing valuable corporate information – physical security. To give emphasis to the weakest link in a firm's overall security posture, this course introduces topics such as:
- Perimeter defenses
- Internal access controls
- Social engineering methods
- Employee training and awareness
In the course project, Physical Security Assessment: Analyzing Physical Security Defenses, students complete a series of physical security assessments. Students will examine various aspects of a case study company's physical security and make recommendations for improvement.
Course Learning Objectives
- Recognize various certifying organizations and the nature of the certifications they provide.
- Summarize various threats and vulnerabilities to the physical security of an enterprise.
- Differentiate between methods for securing the physical perimeter of a company.
- Analyze social engineering methods that can be used to penetrate the physical security of a company.
- Create employee training as it relates to recognizing and reducing physical security threats.
- Analyze and recommend various methods of physical access control.
- Create physical security assessment documentation identifying company assets, outlining vulnerabilities, and making suggestions for improvements.
The CISSP All-in-One Exam Guide is a required resource that you will use throughout this set of specialization courses for Cyber Security. It is listed as a required text in all Cyber Security courses. You only need to purchase it once, unless later editions of the guide are released as you pursue the specialization.