This course focuses on the development of contingency plans for the continuation of business during times of incident response and recovery. The course introduces topics such as:
- Conducting Business Impact Analyses (BIA)
- Preventive controls and contingency strategies
- Planning, testing, and training activities
- Incident recovery and notification
In the course project, Contingency Plan: Designing a Plan for Incident Response and Recovery, students develop a contingency plan for a case study company. Students will complete a series of assignments that provide hands-on experience in working through the contingency planning process and documenting such plans for an organization.
Course Learning Objectives
- Explain the need for a contingency plan and its importance to information security.
- Perform a Business Impact Analysis.
- Identify and select appropriate preventive controls.
- Explain the various recovery strategies and select appropriate strategies for a given environment.
- Create a plan for testing, conducting training, and carrying out exercises in support of contingency planning.
- Explain the circumstances under which contingency plans are activated and outline notification procedures.
- Describe the process of recovery after implementing a contingency plan and how normal operations are resumed.
- Create a contingency plan for an organization.
The CISSP All-in-One Exam Guide is a required resource that you will use throughout this set of specialization courses for Cyber Security. It is listed as a required text in all Cyber Security courses. You only need to purchase it once, unless later editions of the guide are released as you pursue the specialization.