This course requires candidates to identify a research methodology that is consistent with, and applicable to, the research question they developed in DOC913. By the end of this course, candidates will describe their research methodology structure, explaining what was chosen (a net benefit analysis of advantages and disadvantages vis-à-vis research question) and why other approaches were not selected. This deliverable will form the basis for Chapter 3 of the candidate’s dissertation.
Candidates will be engaged in weekly discussions and interim assignments that will facilitate the development of their research methodology.
Course Learning Objectives
- Evaluate the impact the methodology selection has on their research question.
- Explicate the relationship between their chosen methodology and their research question(s).
- Demonstrate an understanding of the methodology chapter.
- Analyze different approaches to methodology in order to find best fit for their research questions.
- Utilize existing research to build their research design and methodology.
- Synthesize a benefit analysis of their chosen research.
- Analyze and evaluate the structure of the methodology chapter.
- Utilize the Dissertation Handbook to track requirements and deliverables.