Educator as leader of teaching and learning is the focus of this course. Candidates will:
- Investigate the influence of school culture on promoting the success of all students
- Explore the influence of effective school programs (curriculum) on promoting the success of all students
- Examine the influence of best practices of student learning (instructional strategies) on promoting the success of all students
- Consider the influence of comprehensive professional growth plans (staff development) for staff on promoting the success of all students
- Under the direction of a site supervisor, plan, discuss, and lead the learning community in promoting the success of all students via a program or activity at the school
- Reflect on their own strengths and challenges as an academic leader that can promote the success of all students
The course project, Promoting Teaching and Learning in K-12 Schools, is a key assessment designed to demonstrate mastery of the Educational Leadership Constituent Council (ELCC) professional standards. The Course Project is a portfolio that documents the candidate's skills and accomplishments in promoting the learning of all students.
Course Learning Objectives
- Investigate ELCC Standard 2 as related to internship requirements, and plan and execute an internship experience.
- Working with a learning community, devise and promote a plan to foster a positive school culture.
- Working with a learning community, design and provide a plan for effective instructional programs.
- Working with a learning community, investigate and apply best practices to student learning.
- Working with a learning community, design appropriate professional growth plans for site staff.
- Working with a learning community, provide evidence of leadership based upon collaborative decision-making practices related to the purposes of ELCC Standard 2.
- Analyze, evaluate, and develop a plan to address one's own knowledge and skills related to the requirements for performing under ELCC Standard 2.
Student Solutions Advisor permission required for this course.