This course is designed to introduce learning and behavioral theories. Teaching candidates will explore relevant learning theories, respective theorists behind each theory, supporting instructional methods and how they are applied in educational practice.
The course project requires students to develop a multi-media presentation to demonstrate how learning and behavior theories are integrated into the classroom.
Course Learning Objectives
- Analyze behaviorist, cognitive, social, constructivist theories, brain-based learning, multiple intelligences, Bloom's Taxonomy and how each are used in the classroom.
- Define and describe various fundamental educational theories.
- Define and describe various fundamental instructional methods.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the needs and experiences students bring to the classroom, including those based on culture, community, ethnicity, economics, linguistics, and innate learning abilities.
- Relate various fundamental theories of learning with practical instructional methods.