This course establishes a working knowledge of business planning to achieve organizational objectives by introducing considerations related to:
- Principles of management
- Applications of information technology and systems
- Human resource management
- Operational management
In the course project, Business Proposal: Integrating Business Decision Making into Educational Organizations, students develop either a business case or a grant proposal for a real-world organization of their choosing. The purpose of the proposal is to convince a person (or persons) in authority to commit money, people, and/or resources (existing assets) to the proposal.
Course Learning Objectives
- Describe the organization or educational institution in terms of its mission, vision, goals, culture, constituents/stakeholders/customers, and decision-making structures.
- Analyze the organization or educational institution to determine an unmet need (that can be met through an education/training-related innovation).
- Propose an innovation/program/project that will enable the organization to fulfill the unmet need.
- Assess the setup and operational costs of the proposed innovation, and potential sources for the revenue needed.
- Assess the human resource requirements for the proposed innovation.
- Develop an implementation and operational plan for the proposed innovation.
- Determine how success of the innovation will be measured.
- Demonstrate how the proposed innovation benefits the organization or educational institution and aligns with its strategic goals.