This course represents the culmination of the master’s program. It is designed to give students a chance to synthesize their learning by producing a capstone project that exemplifies their newly acquired knowledge and expertise. Working alone or with a partner or team, they will select something from their educational portfolio and develop it further as proof of readiness to receive a master’s degree.
In the course project, Capstone: Designing the Professional Portfolio, candidates apply knowledge and skills they have acquired during their tenure at JIU to a real educational issue or opportunity. The project may take any form, as long as it meets the specific educational objectives defined for the course. Project examples include:
- A grant proposal
- An environmental research scan
- A program development and/or implementation
- An appraisal of an existing program
- An internship
Course Learning Objectives
- Complete a capstone project that demonstrates successful application of the knowledge and skills you have acquired during your tenure at JIU to a real educational issue or opportunity. Your capstone project should demonstrate your proficiency with the learning outcomes for your program area.
- Demonstrate how your Capstone project connects to the JIU institutional learning outcomes and workplace competencies in a convincing way.
- Incorporate the Total Professional Advantage deliverables into your capstone project.
Student Solutions Advisor permission required for this course.