This is the final course before candidates begin to collect data and conduct their dissertation or project research. During the course candidates will demonstrate that their dissertation or project proposal meets all requirements to gain final mentor and committee approval.
The course project, Dissertation Proposal: Defense and Approval, is a program requirement. In order to pass this course, each candidate must have a fully approved dissertation proposal that includes:
- Proof of IRB approval.
- Chapters 1, 2, and 3 of the proposal finalized.
- An oral presentation of formal dissertation proposal.
- Data collection procedures finalized and approved.
- Proof of proposal approval by full committee.
Course Learning Objectives
- Obtain full IRB approval for conducting their research.
- Present a full dissertation proposal to their committee for final approval.
- Obtain approval of their dissertation proposal by their committee.
- Explain their plan for data collection.
- Gain approval for planned data collection procedures.