This course prepares students to make ethical decisions when faced with difficult business situations. It features the EthicsGame: Core Theory™, a Web-based simulation that applies four traditional ethical theories to actual business scenarios:
- Kant – Rights and Responsibilities
- Mill – Results
- Rawls – Relationships
- MacIntyre – Reputation
The course project is a Report to the Board of Directors: Analyzing the Ethical Climate of a Company. Students will submit a report to the Board of Directors of the company in the EthicsGame: Core Theory™ simulation, describing the organizational culture, perceived ethical climate and processes by which ethical decisions were made within the company.
Course Learning Objectives
- Assess the ethical climate of a company.
- Describe examples of touchstones used to make decisions concerning ethical dilemmas.
- Analyze the organizational culture, including the perceived ethical climate compared to the vision, mission, and core values of a company.
- Explain why the ethical climate of a company is important to its success.
- Describe the processes by which ethical decisions have been and will be made within a company.
- Analyze the financial impact of the ethical decisions made within a company.