This course examines essential marketing concepts in the context of the new global and electronic marketplace. It offers a strategic approach to marketing by presenting a systematic methodology for analyzing problems and arriving at decisions that give organizations sustainable competitive advantages. Students will investigate a wide range of related topics including:
- Product lifecycle and environmental analysis
- Buyer behavior
- Market segmentation
- Marketing mix elements: product, price, placement, and communication
The course project is a robust Strategic Marketing Plan: Developing the Marketing Mix appropriate for the marketplace as assessed. The report will focus on a specific product or service, including environmental analysis, market segments to be targeted, strategic market objectives, and detailed development of all elements of the marketing mix.
Course Learning Objectives
- Analyze market attractiveness.
- Conduct environmental analysis.
- Analyze buyer behavior.
- Determine target market(s) and position.
- Create a brand identity and product mix.
- Determine pricing and placement.
- Develop an integrated media communication plan.
- Evaluate the viability and process for global expansion.