In this course, students will examine technology management from a strategic viewpoint. This course will focus on best practices in implementing effective IS management systems and enterprise information systems. Students will also examine the challenges for all levels of information technology management. The focus of this course will be on the strategic management aspects of technology management, not on the building technology systems.
Course Learning Objectives
- Describe the role of Information technology leadership in support of the role of Information technology in the organization.
- Appraise options and apply tools for selecting and procuring hardware, software, sourcing and consulting services to match organizational requirements.
- Identify the need, benefits and design of an Information technology governance structure.
- Describe how the use of information technology can impact business models and the direction of the organization.
- Explain the role of reliable and secure Information technology services and the delivery of information technology services.