This course focuses on defining the shape and size of a project, establishing a project timeline, setting a budget, and ensuring the quality of the resulting product or service. Students will investigate a wide range of related topics including:
- Project scope and activity definition
- Schedule development and resource planning
- Cost budgeting and control
- Quality planning and assurance
The course project is a Project Plan: Integrating Product Quality. The plan includes a project charter, scope statement, work breakdown structure, schedule, cost estimates, required staff, and tracking mechanisms for open issues or pending decisions related to the project.
Course Learning Objectives
- Develop a realistic project timeline.
- Estimate the costs of the resources needed to complete the project.
- Establish criteria for periodically evaluating the quality of work in progress.