This course examines human resources, communications, risk management, and procurement activities that are necessary to the successful completion of a project. It emphasizes that controlling and tracking progress is essential to project success. Students will investigate a wide range of related topics including:
- Staff acquisition and team development
- Communications planning and information distribution
- Risk identification and quantification
- Procurement and contract administration
The course project is a Project Plan: Defining Project Controls and Tracking Progress. Students will add detailed plans and controls for human resources, communications, risk, and procurement to their previous project plan (from MBA572) or to a new project plan of their choice.
Course Learning Objectives
- Develop a human resource plan that satisfies the staffing requirements of the project.
- Establish effective communication among project staff members.
- Evaluate and manage necessary risks associated with the project.
- Develop efficient procedures for procuring the goods and services needed to support the project.