This course requires students to integrate prior course work and demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of an organization in the accomplishment of its goals and strategies. The focus is on strategic management. Course topics include an exploration of a wide range of management concepts and principles, including:
- Strategic leadership systems
- Business models
- Effective governance systems
- Strategic planning for organizational growth
The course project is a Strategic Business Analysis: Developing a Plan for Growth. It requires students to assess an organization’s business strategy, leadership system, global prospects, code of conduct, and growth opportunities with an ethical emphasis.
Course Learning Objectives
- Synthesize knowledge gained from the disciplines that make up the JIU MBA and describe the interdependencies of these functional business disciplines.
- Determine the appropriate use of business tools to attain organizational and personal goals.
- Create appropriate strategies to support organizational and personal goals.
- Apply contemporary strategic models to business settings.
- Conduct a strategic business analysis.
- Apply critical thinking and problem-solving skills to the diagnosis and solution of business problems.
- Demonstrate scholarship and competence through effective oral and written communication.
Must be taken as last course to complete the MBA program. Student Solutions Advisor permission required for registration. Students are urged to save all of their course assignments throughout the program for reference during this capstone course.