At JIU, your success is our mission. As a member of the Air Force, you, your spouse and adult dependents are eligible for a host of benefits that make earning a degree from JIU simple and affordable.
- Reduced undergraduate tuition—$250 per credit hour or $750 per 3 credit hour course.
- Waived fees—All application and academic fees are waived for JIU military students and their dependents.
- Cost of undergraduate books covered by the Military Book Program.
- 20% scholarship for graduate degree programs.
Visit our military tuition page to review program tuition costs, and to get a more personalized cost breakdown, as well as your Military Shopping Sheet, go to the net price calculator. To learn more about additional financial aid options available to you click here.
You may also be eligible to receive Air Force Tuition Assistance (TA). Air Force TA is an important quality of life program that provides 100% tuition and fees for courses taken by active duty personnel. You must apply for TA online using the Air Force Virtual Education Center (AFVEC). This system allows you to track and manage all your TA requests, and must be done through the Air Force Portal. You will be asked to create a user name and password before you can apply for TA. Once you’ve created your online account, there will be six steps to complete AFVEC online TA Process.
There have been a few changes to the TA policy that took effect on 1 October 2013 including:
- Airmen who apply for TA will be required to obtain supervisor approval for all requests.
- Guard and Reserve must be “activated” (on Title 10 orders) to receive TA.
- Reserve TA will now be paid directly to the University and will not be a “Reimbursement” TA.
- Students will need to have an Official (signed) Degree Completion Plan (DCP) in their student file with the Air Force within the first 15 credit hours.
Other programs JIU is proud to participate in to help you achieve your educational goals include:
Jones International University was selected as a Category I online education provider to participate in Air University's Associate-to-Baccalaureate Cooperative program (AU-ABC). Through this program, JIU is able to align bachelor degree programs with Air Force specialty codes so CCAF graduates can obtain their bachelors degree by completing no more than an additional 60 credit hours.
To learn more click here.
General Education Mobile (GEM) Courses Offered
When you joined the United States Air Force you were automatically enrolled in the Community College of the Air Force (CCAF). This degree-granting institution is entirely dedicated to Air Force Personnel, and is a unique combination of on-duty and voluntary off-duty courses that are offered in a flexible format to meet your needs. Jones International University is a proud member of the CCAF General Education Mobile (GEM) program. The GEM program allows Air Force personnel to take advantage of our affordable and quality online education to complete your Oral and Written Communications, Math, Social Science and Humanities general education requirements for CCAF. Through the GEM program, students sign up for and complete five courses that can become a start toward a four-year Bachelors degree.
To learn more about GEM click here.
JIU’s GEM Courses:
- SPCH101 – Fundamentals of Public Speaking
- ENG101 – English Composition
- MATH201 – Intermediate Algebra
- PSY201 – Psychology of the Organization
- ART101 – Art Appreciation
- HIST203 – Contemporary US History: 1945–Present
- HUM201 – Peace and Conflict Studies
Please see above for application, tuition and AFVEC online and TA Process information.