At JIU we strive to provide you with the highest quality education at the most affordable rates. We offer Military Tuition Assistance to eligible members of the Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force and Coast Guard. Each service has its own criteria for eligibility, obligated service, application processes and restrictions (learn more about your specific branch). This money is usually paid directly to the institution by the individual services, and should not be viewed as a loan but as money you have earned just like your base pay.
At JIU we offer:
- Military tuition assistance - Undergraduate degrees for military personnel and dependents at military tuition assistance rates. $250 per credit hour or $750 per 3 credit hour course
- 20% graduate tuition scholarship - Graduate studies are highly affordable with 20% tuition scholarships for military personnel and their dependents.
- Undergraduate book program - Covers the cost of textbooks, e-books and any downloadable required readings for military students earning undergraduate degree credits.
- No Fees - There are no application, technology or academic fees for JIU military students and their dependents.
- Service branch scholarships - JIU military scholarships apply to active duty, reserves, guard, honorably discharged veterans, retired and dependents of these groups.
Visit our military tuition page to review program tuition costs, and to get a more personalized cost breakdown, as well as your Military Shopping Sheet, go to the net price calculator. To learn more about additional financial aid options available to you click here. Our JIU Student Solutions Advisors and the knowledgeable military specialists in the Student Services Department will also work with you to ensure you receive the fullest benefits available.
In addition, as a servicemember you are eligible to receive educational benefits through the following programs: