Most US states require an Institutional Recommendation from the institution of higher education that prepared the teacher/principal/administrator candidate as part of the licensure application process. The following Colorado state-approved licensure programs fully align to Colorado state standards. Only candidates who graduate from the degree programs listed below are eligible to receive an institutional recommendation from JIU. The submission of passing scores on all state required licensure exams is required in order to receive an Institutional Recommendation from JIU. These distinctions are aligned to the National Association of State Directors of Teacher Education and Certification (NASDTEC) Interstate Agreement.
- MEd in Education Leadership and Administration: Principal and Administrator Licensure
- MEd in Elementary Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment: Teacher Licensure
- MEd in K-12 English as a Second Language Education: Teacher Licensure
- MEd in K-12 English as a Second Language Specialist: Bilingual Education Teacher Licensure
- MEd in K-12 Instructional Technology: Teacher Licensure
- MEd in Secondary Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment: Teacher Licensure
- Education Specialist (EdS) in K-12 Education Leadership
- Doctorate of Education (EdD) in K-12 Education Leadership
In order to recieve an Institutional Recommendation please submit the Institutional Recommendation Cover Form.