Grade Appeals

See Student Handbook, Section 4

Students with questions about a final course grade should first contact their instructor for explanation and possible remediation. Where a grade change is necessary because of a grading error, or for other sufficient reason, the instructor will submit a Grade Change Form to the Office of the Registrar.

Students unable to resolve a final grade dispute with their instructor can file a grade appeal by following the Formal Complaint/Appeal Process and Investigation. Appeals of final course grades must be based on capricious, arbitrary, discriminatory, or prejudiced acts by JIU faculty. Grade appeals must be submitted no later than 30 days after the course (for which the grade is being appealed) has officially ended.