Jones International University® (“JIU®”, “we”, “us” and “our”) owns and operates this website (this “Site”).
Additional Terms Apply to Students
Certain areas of this Site are password-protected for your protection. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. We have the right to assume that anyone accessing this Site using a password assigned to you has the right to do so. You will be solely responsible for the activities of anyone accessing this Site using a password assigned to you, even if the individual is not, in fact, authorized by you. You agree to change your password immediately if you believe your password may have been compromised or used without authorization.
Restriction on Your Use of this Site
You agree not to use this Site to:
- upload, post, transmit or otherwise make available
- any content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- any content that you know to be false, misleading or fraudulent;
- any content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information or proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- any content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any individual or entity;
- any request for or solicitation of money, goods or services for private gain;
- any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- any photograph without the permission of each person in the photograph;
- the name of any individual without that person’s knowledge and consent;
- any content, including any medical information, about an identifiable person without that person's permission;
- any content inconsistent with the standards, values or the spirit of the JIU user community;
- promote or engage in any illegal activity;
- impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- interfere with or disrupt the JIU network or servers or systems connected to the network;
- violate any local, state, national or international law, rule or regulation;
- "stalk" or otherwise harass another; or
- collect or store personal data about other users of this Site.
Ownership, Copyright and Trademark Matters
Except as excluded below, this Site, including the software and code that comprise and operate this Site and all of the content of this Site, for example, all of the text, images, illustrations, graphics, audio clips and video clips published on this Site (collectively, “Content”), are protected under trademark, service mark, trade dress, copyright, patent, trade secret and other intellectual property laws. All of the rights in this Site, including all of the rights in the Content of this Site, are owned by JIU, its affiliates, its or their licensors and other third parties, including JIU faculty and students. The entire Content of this Site is copyrighted as a collective work under U.S. and international copyright laws and treaties, and JIU owns the copyright in the selection, coordination, arrangement and enhancement of the Content of this Site.
Individual users of this Site are permitted to download copies of the information on this Site for their own personal use. This limited, revocable privilege to use the Content in no way constitutes a transfer of any right, title or interest in the material you download. You may not, under any circumstances, (a) modify the Content of this Site or use it for any commercial purpose, or for any public display, performance, sale or rental; (b) decompile, reverse engineer, or disassemble any part of this Site or the Content; or (c) remove any copyright, trademark registration or other proprietary notices from the Content. No material from this Site may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted or distributed in any manner or form except as expressly provided above without first obtaining written permission from JIU. The use of any materials from this Site on any other website or networked computer environment is prohibited.
The foregoing restrictions do not apply to Blog Content or to academic work and other Content submitted by current and former JIU students through the password-protected areas of this Site (“Student Content”). The ownership and use of Student Content is governed by our Student Handbook. JIU does not claim any copyrights or other intellectual property rights in any Blog Content, and JIU specifically disclaims any obligation to determine the accuracy of or ownership rights in the Blog Content.
The trademarks and service marks used or displayed on this Site (“Trademarks”) are registered and unregistered trademarks of JIU, its affiliates or other third parties. Nothing on this Site may be construed as granting -- by implication, estoppel or otherwise -- any license or right to use any Trademarks displayed on the Site without the prior express written permission of JIU or the trademark owner. In particular, you may not use any trademark displayed on this Site as a “hot” link without the prior written approval of the trademark owner.
Agent to Receive Notification of Claimed Infringement
JIU does not knowingly violate the copyrights of others. We will promptly remove or disable access to material on our Site that we know is infringing or if we become aware of circumstances from which infringing activity is apparent.
If you believe that we have included copyrighted material in our Site in a manner that constitutes copyright infringement, please immediately notify our Designated Agent at the address set forth below. Your notice must be in writing and must include:
- a description of the copyrighted work you believe has been infringed (or if you believe multiple copyrighted works have been infringed, a representative list);
- a description of the material you believe is infringing or the subject of infringing activity, together with enough information to permit us to locate the material;
- enough information to permit us to contact you, such as, your name, address, telephone number and, if available, email address;
- a statement that you have a good faith belief that the allegedly infringing use of the material was not authorized by the owner of the exclusive right that is allegedly infringed (the “copyright owner”), an agent for the copyright owner, or by law;
- a statement that all of the information you have provided is accurate; and
- a statement, made under penalty of perjury, that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
Your statement must be addressed as follows:
Jones International University, Ltd.
9697 East Mineral Avenue
Centennial, Colorado 80112
Attention: Andrew A. Wichern, Designated Agent
THIS SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS,” “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, JIU, ITS AFFILIATES AND THEIR SERVICE PROVIDERS AND LICENSORS DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, WITH RESPECT TO THIS SITE, ITS CONTENT, INCLUDING BLOG CONTENT AND STUDENT CONTENT, AND THE PROGRAMS, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS SITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, JIU, ITS AFFILIATES AND THEIR SERVICE PROVIDERS AND LICENSORS DISCLAIM ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, (A) OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE; (B) RELATING TO THE SECURITY OF THIS SITE; (C) THAT THE INFORMATION ON THIS SITE IS ACCURATE, COMPLETE OR CURRENT; OR (D) THAT THIS SITE WILL OPERATE WITHOUT INTERRUPTION OR ERROR.
APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES, SO ALL OR PART OF THIS DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL JIU, ITS AFFILIATES, THEIR SERVICE PROVIDERS AND LICENSORS, OR ANY OF THEIR EMPLOYEES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, AGENTS, VENDORS OR SUPPLIERS, BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY LOSSES OR DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THIS SITE, ANY CONTENT PUBLISHED ON THIS SITE, OR ANY PROGRAMS, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES PROVIDED OR PURCHASED THROUGH THIS SITE.
THIS IS A COMPREHENSIVE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY THAT APPLIES TO ALL LOSSES AND DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (WHETHER DIRECT, INDIRECT, GENERAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF DATA, INCOME OR PROFITS), WHETHER THE CLAIM IS IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR STRICT LIABILITY, EVEN IF AN AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE OF JIU, ITS AFFILIATES, OR THEIR SERVICE PROVIDERS AND LICENSORS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND WITHOUT REGARD TO THE EFFECTIVENESS OF OTHER REMEDIES.
IF ANY PART OF THIS LIMITATION ON LIABILITY IS FOUND TO BE INVALID OR UNENFORCEABLE FOR ANY REASON, THEN THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF JIU, ITS AFFILIATES, AND THEIR SERVICE PROVIDERS AND LICENSORS UNDER SUCH CIRCUMSTANCES FOR LIABILITIES THAT OTHERWISE WOULD HAVE BEEN LIMITED SHALL NOT EXCEED TEN DOLLARS ($10.00).
APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SET FORTH ABOVE, SO ALL OR PART OF THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Your Comments and Other Submissions
We welcome your comments, feedback, suggestions, reviews and other communications regarding our programs and this Site (collectively, “Comments”).
All Comments submitted to us shall be and remain the exclusive property of JIU. Your submission of Comments will constitute an assignment to JIU of all worldwide rights, title and interests in your Comments, including all copyrights and other intellectual property rights in your Comments. JIU will be entitled to reduce to practice, use, copy, disclose, display or perform publicly, improve and modify any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. For this reason, we ask that you not send us any comments that you do not wish to assign to us, including any confidential information, product ideas, inventions or original artwork.
We will not use your Comments in a way that identifies you personally, without your permission.
Links to Sites Operated by Third Parties
This Site may provide links to websites operated by third parties. We are not responsible for examining or evaluating, and we do not warrant the products or offerings of, any of these businesses or individuals or the accuracy or content of their websites. We do not assume any responsibility or liability for the actions, product and content of any such sites. Before you access or use any site, you should review the applicable conditions of use and policies. The inclusion of a link in this Site does not imply our endorsement of the site or any assurance that the site is free of viruses or other intrusive software. IF YOU DECIDE TO ACCESS LINKED THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES, YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Governing Law, Jurisdiction and Venue