Disbursing Aid

When you borrow on a student loan you have certain rights and responsibilities.

If you are admitted and registered for the appropriate number of hours and have completed all steps to accept the financial aid offered to you, FSA funds will be sent directly to JIU and are applied to your tuition charges. If the financial aid applied to your account exceeds your tuition charges, you will receive a stipend.

JIU has partnered with HigherOne®, a financial services company focused solely on higher education, to provide you three options in how you receive your financial aid refund/stipend money. The first two options allow more timely access to your funds than a traditional paper check.

  • Debit Card (My JIU Card) - Refunds are loaded onto the card and can be used wherever MasterCard is accepted.
  • Direct Deposit - Refunds are deposited directly into your selected checking or savings account.
  • Paper Check - refunds are mailed to your provided address.

In order to take advantage of these options, please go to: myJIU card page.